Vision 20/20 suffers from myopia in Trinidad and Tobago
The vision 20/20 Sub-Committee on Energy set the following goals for Trinidad and Tobago
1. To optimize exploration and production of hydrocarbon resources.
2. To maximize wealth creation ,capture and distribution
3. Robust and respected institutional and regulatory framework to manage the industry
4. Transparent governance on energy related private and public sector institutions.
5. Development of competitiveness and sustainable local energy companies.
6. Significant industrial development and diversification to high value added services.
7. Protection and enhancement of the natural environment.
8. Sustainable investment in social capital
9. Enhanced development of human capital.
It is worth noting:
1. That at peak construction Alutrint smelter would employ 3000 people and 1050 would be permanent
2. That at peak construction Essar Steel would employ 6000 people and 1225 would be permanent